Apr 15, 2011

the answered prayer

I was so blessed with the great opportunity to join the Calvary Tohoku Relief work.

Ever since the M9.0 Earth Quake and Tsunami happened, I have desired to go to Tohoku and do something. My heart was being shaken ......
I think one of the reasons is that earth quake I felt in Tokyo was still scaring and seeing Tsunami sweeping the towns and cities on TV live was so shocking.
I felt the fragility of man's life and sensed the need of God's mercy on this nation of Japan ever before.

Though I wanted to go Tohoku, it seemed impossible to go.
One was that my school was supposed to start on 4th of April. Even after it had been delayed, I had to go Okinawa for a job-interview. 
Even there was one week that was open between my Okinawa trip and school semester, there was big possibility that another job hunting schedule will come in.

But, the desire did not disappear nor fade. So I kept praying and praying.
I emailed my Pastor to tell my desire to go and he graciously gave me a "Go" sign for the very week I had!
But there was one big barrier/problem I needed to deal with. It was my dorm.
There is a rule/protocol that if I want to be absent from weekly dorm Bible study and meeting, I need to have permission from every single student at dorm (that is 15 students).

So, I sent email to core member of the dorm to let them know my thoughts ahead. But the reply was very difficult one with many questions.
I prayed and asked God to opened the door.
I sat down with the core members and talked about an hour, try to help them understand the importance of the relief work.

well, God is Big!!!!! They agreed on me going and at the meeting next day, I was able to received permission from everyone.

This is how I joined this trip.
God is simply amazing....

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? "

No comments:

Post a Comment