Aug 31, 2010

The normal does the unusual

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

So I finished the first book of the summer, "Big God".
If you graciously follow this blod, you've heard many times I quoted from this book or the author Britt Merrick.

In the book, I studied Hebrew 11 aka "The Hall of Faith".
I saw the life of.....
Adel - faith worshipping
Enoch - Faith walking
Noah - Faith Working
Abraham - Faith Willing
Sarah - Faith Waiting
Abraham with Isaac - Faith Well-Tried
Moses - Faith Winning
Rahab - Faith Welcoming
David and the Rest - Faith Warring

One big thing I found throughout this book is that there people are so normal but did great things.
I know Bible records that Noah was drunk, Abraham lied, Moses was afraid. Rahab was prostitute and David committed adultery.
Pastor Britt in epilogue writes
"When you look at the list, you really have no excuses. These are the examples given to us in God's Word. They weren't great people, but they had great faith in a great God. At the critical moments of their lives, they exercised great faith and made the right faith decisions."

What a challenge!!
I always put those people in "the hall of faith", seeing so different from myself.
They were so great, bold and courageous I would think. And I am an ordinary man who might be able to do little for God.
I thought that to be faithful to the "little" was what I need to do.

In the sense, I was wrong.
I can do so much more if I trust and love the Lord more!!
Because they didn't earn faith, faith is a gift from God!!
In Him, I can do any thing!!!
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
Ephesians 2:8-10
Glory to God

No comments:

Post a Comment