Feb 11, 2010

Kill Sin!!! 「罪」を殺せ!


"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." Romans 8:13
As a human, I cannot live without any sins and temptation of sins.
And I know my weakness to them. I give in often.
So how do I need to deal with this problem?
The answer is to "Mortify Sins", in other words "Kill sins".

There are two possibilities of mistakes that we might fall into in light of dealing with sins.
Here is my thoughts on it...

First, we do nothing.
The attitude like, "You know what, I just give it to God. I do nothing. well, just wait on the Lord"
Sounds hilarious, but it really happens.
We are told to mortify. The word, mortify, is an active word!!
We need to take a action!!! Get off your butt!!

Second, we compromise.
God has given us His Spirit Who teaches us what is right and wrong.
Often we do things which in our hearts we know it is not pleasing to God. So what we do?
We make excuses and rationalize it. We Compromise with sins!!

So what Do we ought to do??
First,We need "Will Power"!!!
We are to have will-power to overcome the temptations.
But it comes only from God.
Remember it is "through the Spirit" that mortifies sins.
Second, We need to literally "Kill Sins",
As long as we live on the earth, we have temptations.
We cannot put them in one box and lock to never come out.
My Pastor reminded me of this fact the other day that I need to nail those sinful thoughts on the cross. He told me to imagine the picture Christ nail on the cross, suffering.
He took the cross for our sins. He died because I sinned.
My sins were punished on the Cross!!

He will give us not only willpower but also power to do those things.
Let's pray and seek for "Will Power"!!

1 comment:

  1. Sin...a very intersting and strong topic.

    Everyone sins, which is a shame. One can try to be perfect, but no matter what we do, one can never aquire the ability to be completely perfect.

    Whether by our thoughts or words or even the little actions we make.

    Though we cannot become completely sineless, that doesn't mean we cannot try.

    I have been trying to live a sin free life for years, and it's hard, but I know God is pleased with my efforts.

    Because it is better to try and fail, then to never try at all. =)

    God Bless
    in HIM
    Alesia

    ReplyDelete