Aug 12, 2009

Boast in my weakness

"If I have to boast, I will boast of what pertains to my weakness."
2Corinthians 11:30 (NASB)


The title of my last post was "Harvest that God brings". I wanted to communicate with you that our God works in His mighty way which I cannot even imagine most of the times. It is not our work that brings harvest, but it is God.

Throughout the week of outreach, I think I learned two things one of which I'd like to share in this post.

One, "The importance of recognizing my own weskness and seeking God's power"
As I said in last few posts, I didn't like passing out flyers and was thinking I am no good at evangelism. Though I had done outreaches in Okinawa many times, it was totally different here and very big challenge for me. Well, I still think I am no good. But, God used the challenge to train and teach me.
Though, in my mind, I know that God is all powerful and nothing is impossible for Him. But, my flesh constantly refused to fully trust in Him. So I took a step, stepping out of my comfortable zone to go out and do the task He gave me.

I said to God, "Ok, I'm going out to do what you told me to. So, you gatta do something!"
God would have said, "Ofcourse I will. Just trust in me."
After a while, I was like, "God, people don't recieve my flyers!! What's going on??"
God would have said, "Just trust in me."

......and you know the result. God showed up. He did His mighty work!
I believe throught the time of my challege, God was showing me my weakness and how I need to trust in God in the situation like that.
Boasting in own weakness is something that we, in our nature, never do. I learned that is simply why I need to be taught by God.
I want to end this post with two quotes, one from the great preacher and the other from my favorite song.

"Take courage, for there must be a consciousness of weakness bofore the Lord will give you victory. Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up."
C.H.Spurgeon

"Let now the weak say I have strength
By the spirit and power that raised Christ from the dead
Let now the poor stand and confess
Oh, my portion is in Him and I'm more than blessed"


No comments:

Post a Comment