May 9, 2010

The Joy of the Lord

"Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous;
And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!"
Psalm 32:11

I know it has been a while. And I had great conference and many things to share.
But let me start with this post,
Out text for the last week' Bible study I lead at dorm was John2:1-11, famous Wedding at Cana.
We saw Jesus' very first miracle, turning water into wine.
It is so good text to see how powerful Jesus is and that He is God!!!
As I was studying, God really spoke to my heart.
In Bible, wine represents the Joy. Jesus told servants to fill the waterpots with water.
What is interesting is that they had water to fill it up but not wine.

We all have water to fill up our lives. Family, friends, money, music....etc
But, question I asked was this, "Does it bring you everlasting Joy to your heart??"

Only Jesus could turn water into wine.
Only Jesus can bring real Joy into my heart, Only He can turn things that is around me into Joy. So, we need faith to have Jesus at center of my life.
He is the One Who brings everlasting Joy to my life!!

Another point was the the guests didn't know where the wine came from at the time.
So, with Jesus in my heart, He brings joy to my daily life.
The Joy, wine, tasted so good that the mater of the feast was surprised!!

The Joy we have needs to be expressed.
It needs to be tasted by others around us!!!
So that they see and taste the joy and say "Hey, where did you get this thing??"
And that opens up the door to share the testimony you have!!
Let your light shine brightly on this dark world!!

Let the Joy of the Lord be seen by others around you!!


I will post about Calvary Chapel Japan Conference next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment