Nov 16, 2009

Truth, Exclusive?? Part2

True Tolerance

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

— Acts 4:12

I find it ironic that those who tell us we need to be tolerant are very intolerant of the gospel. In fact, the most intolerant people seem to be those who are always telling you to be tolerant. I have heard the complaint that Christians are so intolerant, yet I don't think that is true at all.

I think Christians are the most tolerant people of all, because we want to reason with those who have a different belief system than ours or live a different lifestyle than we live. Yes, we believe in absolute truth and believe in it unapologetically. But I have found that people who are the most intolerant are the ones who say, "I don't like the fact that you believe in absolute truth, and I am tolerant of everyone except you. I want you to shut up. I don't want you to state your views." What happened to all their tolerance? Where is the so-called love?

To proclaim that Jesus Christ is the only way to God will offend some people. But we proclaim it because the Bible clearly teaches it. This is what we call an essential, a nonnegotiable. Jesus stated it as succinctly as it could be stated when He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). When we state that as fact, it will offend certain people.

When a physician discovers a problem with a patient's health, he or she must tell the truth, even if it could upset the patient. As Christians, we must tell the truth about a person's condition, which, according to the Bible, is sinful. We must explain the problem and then offer the solution through Jesus Christ. And this will offend some people.


This is the quote from one of the devotions I receive daily from Pastor Greg Laurie's ministry.

I thank God that I read this in time like now.


I posted one article previously. In short, Ozawa's assertion was that Christianity is exclusive, in other words, "Intolerant".


Please read this and tell me what you think.


God bless

3 comments:

  1. Konichiwa, Yasutomo!

    Reading these two posts has opened my eyes to the situation in Japan for Christians. I have been praying for you and the rest of the Christians there since I read your post.

    This is a good devotion! Thank you for posting it. Seems like God provided it at just the right time... He's so good at that.

    Know that God is in control. God is good, and whatever He allows will be for our good.

    I'll keep praying.

    Ellen
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very good, and true. Sometimes people don't understand Us as Christians, and it's only by Gods grace that they may.

    Some parts of that quote are actualy simular to my newest blog post.

    Yes, that is a VERY good devotion, I will have to look into it.

    God Bless
    Alesia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen,
    Thank you for reading this post and your prayer for Japan and myself. This is huge encouragement to me.

    Alesia,
    It is so true as you said that it's only by God's grace that person come to know the Gospel. We find it in 1Corinth. 1:4-5.
    God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete