Nov 14, 2011

The Elephant in the Room


I have been listening to series of Ecclesiastes of Pastor Tim Chaddick, Reality LA.

I had never had deep study on Ecclesiastes, and this series has been rocking my world. The book contains, frankly saying, so much deep stuff!!!

It has much to do with last post, but the book and "the preacher" makes me face some serious, heavy and unavoidable topics about life.
I might write about this further later but I have been thinking about how to relate and make relevant the heavy topic that Bible has to say to us to the people with whom I hope and pray to share my faith.

It gets very hard when it comes to talking about life, death and eternity.
Pastor Tim called it "The Elephant in the room."
I do not want to bang my friends with scriptures, but at the same time I know I want to share what the Bible says!!

One verse said to me a lot about this.
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." 
Ecclesiastes 3:11
 One thing it taught me was, I think, there is always timing and leading of God.
He has His timing and it's so beautiful.
As I obey the leading of the Spirit, God is working in their eternity.

And another is that everyone has the sense of eternity in their heart because God has put it in their hearts!!
The very fact that I and others have a sense of eternity, even a thought of it, it the proof that God created them. And we all in deep wonder where we are going after this life.

To me, so many seemed to be indifferent with such matter, but as I learned how to be obedient to the Spirit and try to see people's hearts I found it more often that many want to know what it is.

Many people know the existence of "the elephant." but do not want to admit it.
It is easier to ignore than tackling with the elephant. But you never be able to dismiss it completely, only can delay, and sometimes it's too late.
I think I need to be a guide to help people see the seriousness of the existence.

You can only try to escape and dismiss the elephant in your mind, but the fact remains, "The Elephant Is In The Room."

No comments:

Post a Comment