Apr 12, 2010

Truth, is It offensive??

I posted my article of "Who made God?" on my YMCA Dorm's blog the other day.

I thought it will be good chance get readers to think about God and agitate them into searching for God.
Well, it did not turn out as I hoped to be.

Some students came to me and asked to delete the post.
They said "it is your own view of God. And I don't want to you impose your thought on us and others who read this blog." and "It is inappropriate for our blog, because people will see and become not to want to come to our dorm."

Well, honestly, at first I thought "Come on, think about what YMCA stands for!!! Young Men' Christian Association right?", " where in the world did the 'C' go??"

Their reasons seemed to me so irrational. Because when I think what our group really is(Christian Association) and the post is not that imposing one.
After all, what really took place was that they were offended by the things I wrote.

But, I decided to delete it in order not to cause conflicts anyways.
It really hurt me and grieved as well. I was really discouraged by the fact that how they reacted is not what I had expected and hoped.

Jesus had same experience on the earth.
No one could have won the argument with Him.
No one could have prove that He was not Messiah.
No one had legal ground to crucify Him.
............the list goes on and on
But, yet, they did not accept Him.

The experience like those raised anger in my heart which turned into bitterness.
But the truth is that God Loves Them and want them to know and love Himself.
And I know, in my mind, He has sent me to these very people to tell them about Him.
But I said to God, "Why, Lord? Why they cannot take it?"
God gave me this Scripture,
"And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will."
2Timothy2:25-26
Bible tells me that when I think them being my enemy, what is happening is that they are trapped by the enemy, Satan. They are under the power of enemy like we once were.

All I can do is keep praying that God will give me His peace and encouragement.
And that He will also give me a opportunity to share the Gospel.
And that He will free them from the bondage of sin.

Readers, Please Pray for me and my dorm-mates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment