Dec 22, 2009

Best present EVER!!!


"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13
"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8
 It is simply amazing how God teaches me things in my daily life.
I know it has been a while since I posted last time. But, God, in His grace, is still teaching me about His great love.

I was preparing for the Bible Study which I share the Word with usually a few guys weekly. This time, as Christmas is coming soon, I decided to share some thing about Christmas.
So as I was praying, studying and preparing for the time, God totally broke through my heart.
I had known that the greatest gift of Christmas is Jesus Christ, Himself.
But, I found myself taking it for granted.

We all know that Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25th.
We all know that this date derived from pagan event.
We all know that one old guys with white bear comes from chimney and leave some presents.

But, what is Christmas really means to us?
It is a day we remember God's goodness, especially sending His Son to us.
Somehow, the meaning has been twisted into wrong stuff.
(here in Japan many celebrate Christmas with KFC chickens)

We all look forward to Christmas day. Wait, do we all??
There are many who cannot look forward to.
Maybe they are in poverty, they are in broken home, they are suffering from disease. The list goes on and on

In the darkness, God sent His Son for His love towards us.
God sent His Son to earth, Jesus took all the pain that we would ever go through and was obedient to the death on the cross. Why? So that God can have restored relationship with us, and He might become our richness, He might become Father to the fatherless, He might become our healer.

When I learned this, my heart was overwhelmed with awe and .....what can I say..
Jesus is our only Hope!!!
His name shall be called Emanuel, God with us!!
He is with us forever!!

1 comment:

  1. Jesus Christ coming to earth was definitely the best present EVER! I often wonder when he really did come, since it wasn't on Dec 25'th.

    All too often, the real meaning of CHRISTmas is lost in the shopping and commercial views of 'X-mas' these days.

    Where can the TRUTH be found in all that? The BIBLE, of course. When we stray and get caught up in the commercial realism of Christmas, we should look to the BIBLE to remember the TRUE meaning and reason for the season. =)

    God Bless and have a Merry CHRISTmas

    In HIM
    Alesia

    God Bless and have a Merry CHRISTmas

    In HIM
    Alesia

    ReplyDelete