Dec 3, 2012

where I was, and I am....

Last week was interesting week.

It was so slow at beginning, then on Wednesday, out of nowhere, my work started getting really busy.  And I did not like it.

When the things started rolling out of my control, I started thinking my college days. ( I plan to make a quick trip to Tokyo, visiting my friends from university. and this, to some degree, made me think that.)

I was like "man, it was so easy to have my life in control. I was able to get myself busy and relaxing!! Now, things are out of control. I really can't do what I want to do......"
And started sinking into nostalgia. Looking back the past and yearning for it.....

Then God knocked the door of my heart.
"Hey, Look how much you are blessed compared with most people around you."
"You have a job, which gives decent salary and let you have weekend off, and you can take a vacation/paid holiday mostly when you want to. That gives you a lot of chances ministering and enjoying your private time."

I felt so stupid. It was so true. 
When I lived in Tokyo, I've seen workers there work usually until midnight and often time have to go to work on weekends. 
So Christians there who have fulltime job can only come on Sundays and do not have time for ministry even though they have great heart fot it.

The Lord has opened so many doors for me to do ministries on this island since I moved back.
I love ministries and serving God. 
And I found as much as I love ministry I need to appreciate my job and the ministry there.
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
  I just had to realize that not only what I wanted to do for God, but also what God wants me to do where I am, I need to know more. 

   " Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do,forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment