Aug 28, 2010

Outreaching with stretching





I don't know where to start, so many things has happened this past few weeks.

I will start first, second week of this month was our church' out-reach week.
We do it every year. Of course we should be reaching out to the lost always, but it is also good to set a time to concentrate more on evangelism. 

So the main idea is to share the Gospel with others and invite them to church right?
Yes, it is correct.
But, after the week, what I found was that God stretched my faith through the out-reach we did.

This year, we decided to go out on street and play music every night in front of the station.

and this has been always challenging to me to play in front of people.

But, I knew it is all for Christ, so I went and played.
So Tuesday night was my first playing there and it was ok.
Since I was able to get used to playing there a little, Wednesday was better.

Then come Thursday.
We started playing and got to the song called "Halleluja Jesus" which I have played like hundrad times.
But, what happened was that I totally lose the music, rhythm and my mind went blank. 
I knew I wasn't playing right, but I didn't  know what to do with it.

My pastor came and asked me if I'm ok, I said "no, you need to play for me."
I handed guitar to him thinking how that happened.
I felt so embarrassed and so stupid and was so sorry for everyone else for making this disaster happen.
But I didn't leave there immediately. Instead, I started passing out flyers with others from fellowship.
Well, it was good time, but the feeling of stupidness and mortified( I know this word isn't proper here, but you know what it conveys)  was still there.

So I went on my way to home. On my way to home, I stopped at McDonalds to have a coffee.
I was thinking back what had happened today and asking God what to do.
Then, principle of "JOY" came to my mind.
J- Jesus first
O- Others next
Y- You last
I just happened to have finished listening to Pastor Britt Merrick' message that I introduced in previous post. and was listening to Francis Chan' message on Loving Jesus.

So I asked myself, "Do I love Jesus?"
"Yes" I replied and felt God telling me "Then you know what you need to do."
I was reminded of what Pastor Britt is going through and thought "why am I so disappointed with such a little failure, compared with his situation?"
And asked myself "What are you doing?"
I felt so stupid, in a good sense this time!!

I was so obvious what I need to do.
I was reading "Big God" at McDonalds and it was on Rehab, welcoming God's will with taking risk.
That was just encouraging for me in order to step out in faith again.
Yes, I will go in spite of the possibility to mess it up again!
God is always with me calling me to His work with His love.
Yes, there are times that I feel I can't take it any more.
There are times that I feel I am not the one who should be doing this.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2Corinthians 4:7-9 
Yes, God is the power that I need!!
I thanked God for giving me this word of His.

I went next day, did played.
God provided me with His power, I was able to play all the songs.

I was so convicted of my pride which my disappointment revealed. 
But now, I am a little better than who I was before. 

"These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 
I Peter 1:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment